June 19, 2011

Jessica Thompson: Shelter

Shelter- An Art Exhibit/ Fundraiser for The Winnipeg Humane Society

The Edge Gallery, 611 Main Street
June 25 - June 30 
$5 Admission 
Come to the official fundraiser and party on Saturday, June 25 from noon until 6:00 pm!
25% of all art sales will be going to the Winnipeg Humane Society

Following up the success of “Strays”, her art exhibit/ fundraiser for D’Arcy’s ARC in November, 2010, Thompson is displaying a new experience of photography and awareness titled “Shelter.” 

I had volunteered to spend the day in this place of neglected, abandoned and abused animals now sheltered from harm but still without families to call their own. 
I, a passionate lover and rescuer of animals, had chosen to spend the day getting to know the true personalities of some of Winnipeg’s homeless pets. I looked down to the camera in my hands and I remembered.
I was at Canada’s oldest animal shelter, the Winnipeg Humane Society to capture what it means to be compassionate, aware and most importantly, full of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment